Differences between a session and a cookie :
* A cookie is a special piece of data with a bit of associated metadata that an HTTP server includes in an HTTP response. A session is a series of related HTTP requests and responses that
together constitute a single conversation between a client and server.
* Cookies are stored at the client side whereas session exists at the server side.
* A cookie can keep information in the user\'s browser until deleted, whereas you close your browser you also lose the session.
* Cookies are often used to store a session id, binding the session to the user.
* There is no way to disable sessions from the client browser but cookies.