You drop the controls to your page (Default.aspx) from the Tab Ajax Extensions.
Client script for AJAX-enable ASP.NET Web pages managed by ScriptManager control . ScriptManager control registered the client script for the Microsoft Ajax Library with the page. Script manager support features such as:
- Partial-page rendering to the browser.
- Web-service calls.
When a ScriptManager control is already defined in a parent element (or master page or host page already contains a ScriptManager control) then used ScriptManagerProxy control to enables nested components and user control to add service and script.
The ASP. NET AJAX Timer control
- Performed Postbacks of pages at defined intervals.
- Timer control with an UpdatePanel control, enable partial-page updates at a defined interval.
- If you want to post the whole page, used Timer Control.
- The Timer control requires specific settings in a web.config file in order to function correctly.
- If your application does not contain the required web.config file, errors appear in the Design view of the page where the control would have appeared.
Which area on web page you want to partial update, used under the UpdatePanel control. Don't wrap your entire page within an UpdatePanel. You may use several panels on your page. UpdatePanel control is the most important control in the ASP.NET AJAX package. It will AJAX controls contained within it, allowed to partial rendering of the area on the web page.
UpdateProgress control provides status information about partial-page updates in UpdatePanel controls. UpdateProgress control provides, to customize the content. When a partial-page update is very fast, you can specify a delay before the UpdateProgress control is displayed.