Advantages and disadvantages of using C Programming Language
Advantages of C Programming Language
- C is a building block for many other currently known languages. Take a look at Python for example a fully Object-Oriented High-Level programming language. It is written in C (perhaps C++ too). That tells you if you ever want to know what is going on under the hood in other languages; understanding C and how it works is essential.
- C is a compiled language versus an interpreted language: Explained simply, this means that the code is compacted into executable instruction (in the case of windows anyway) rather than being "translated" on the fly at run time. This feature also lends heavily to the speed of C programs.
- A lot of libraries are written in C.
- The main advantages of C Programming Language is that there is not much vocabulary to learn, and that the programmer can arrange for the program is very fast. C programming language have easy syntax and easier to learn. C programming language is still a practical and compact language. It comprises a good semantic.
- C Programming Language is very near to assembly programming i.e. the hard use of pointers for example is a very powerful mechanism.
- C has features that allow the programmer to organize programs in a clear, easy, logical way. For example, C allows meaningful names for variables without any loss of efficiency, yet it gives a complete freedom of programming style, including flexible ways of making decisions, and a set of flexible commands for performing tasks repetitively (for, while, do).
- C is a portable language
Disadvantages of C Programming Language
- C does not have OOPS feature that's why C++ is developed. If you know any other modern programming language then you already know its disadvantages
- There is no runtime checking in C Programming Language
- There is no strict type checking (for ex: we can pass an integer value for the floating data type)
- C doesn't have the concept of namespace,constructors and destructors like Object Oriented Programming Language(OOPs)