As a system administrator, you need to set up one Ethernet interface on the Cisco router to allow for both sap and Novell-ether encapsulations. Which set of commands will accomplish this?
1.Interface Ethernet 0.1 IPX encapsulation Novell-ether IPX network 9e interface Ethernet 0.2 IPX network 6c
2.Interface Ethernet 0 IPX encapsulation Novell-ether IPX network 9e interface Ethernet 0 IPX encapsulation sap IPX network 6c
3.Interface Ethernet 0.1 IPX encapsulation Novell-ether interface Ethernet 0.2 IPX encapsulation sap
4. Interface Ethernet 0.1ipx encapsulation Novell-ether IPX network 9e interface Ethernet 0.2 IPX encapsulation sap IPX network 6c
3.both transpositional ciphers and substitution ciphers
NetWare IPX addressing uses a network number and a node number. Which statement is not true?
1.The network address is administratively assigned and can be up to 16 hexadecimal digits long
2.The node address is always administratively assigned
3.The node address is usually the MAC address
4.If the MAC address is used as the node address, then IPX eliminates the use of ARP
1. 7 subnets, 30 hosts each
2.8 subnets, 8,190 hosts each
3.8 subnets, 2,046 hosts each
4.7 subnets, 2,046 hosts each
To prevent Service Advertisements (SAPs) from flooding a network, Cisco routers do not forward them. How are services advertised to other networks?
1.Each router builds its own SAP table and forwards that every 60 seconds
2. Each router assigns a service number and broadcasts that
3. SAPs aren’t necessary with Cisco routers
4.Cisco routers filter out all SAPs
Two connected routers are configured with RIP routing. What will be the result when a router receives a routing update that contains a higher-cost path to a network already in its routing table?
1. The updated information will be added to the existing routing table Debug IP rip
2. The update will be ignored and no further action will occur Debug IP route
3.The updated information will replace the existing routing table entry
4. The existing routing table entry will be deleted from the routing table and all routers will exchange routing updates to reach convergence
Where should we use default routing?
1.On stub networks- which have only one exit path out of the network
2.Which have more than one exit path out of the network
3.Minimum five exit paths out of the network
4.Maximum five exit paths out of the network
1. rsa algorithm
2. diffie-hellman algorithm
3. electronic code book algorithm
As a system administrator, you want to debug IGRP but are worried that the “debug IP IGRP transaction” command will flood the console. What is the command that you should use?
1.Debug IP IGRP event
2.Debug IP IGRP-events
3. Debug IP IGRP summary
4.Debug IP IGRP events
Consider a situation in which you are a system administrator on a NetWare network, you are running NetWare 4.11 and you cannot communicate with your router. What is the likely problem?
1.NetWare 4.11 defaults to 802.2 encapsulation
2.NetWare 4.11 defaults to 802.3 encapsulation
3. Cisco routers only work with NetWare 3.11
4.NetWare 3.11 defaults to 802.2 encapsulation
Cryptanalysis is used ______
1. to find some insecurity in a cryptographic scheme
2.to increase the speed
3.to encrypt the data
4.to make new ciphers
1. Every 30 seconds
2.Every 60 seconds
3. Every 90 seconds
4.RIPv1 does not broadcast periodically
If an Ethernet port on a router were assigned an IP address of 172.16.112.1/25, what would be the valid subnet address of this host?
3. sender and receiver
4.all the connected devices to the network
In cryptography, what is cipher?
1.algorithm for performing encryption and decryption
3.both algorithm for performing encryption and decryption and encrypted message
4. decrypted message
In Novell’s use of RIP, there are two metrics used to make routing decisions. Select the correct metrics.
1.Ticks & Hops
2.Hops & Loops
3. Loops & Counts
4.Counts & Ticks
The “IPX delay number” command will allow an administrator to change the default settings. What are the default settings?
1.For LAN interfaces, one tick; for WAN interfaces, six ticks
2.For LAN interfaces, six ticks; for WAN interfaces, one tick
3. For LAN interfaces, zero ticks; for WAN interfaces, five ticks
4. For LAN interfaces, five ticks; for WAN interfaces, zero Ticks
What does administrative distance rank?
2.Sources of routing information
1. It enables load sharing on 2 paths if the paths are equal metric paths
2. It sets up routing to go to network 2
3. It is the default for Cisco IPX load sharing
4. It enables load sharing on 2 paths if the paths are unequal metric paths
What does the following series of commands “Router IGRP 71 network” accomplish? 10.0.0.0 router IGRP 109 network 188.8.131.52
1. It isolates networks 10.0.0.0 and 184.108.40.206
2. It loads IGRP for networks 109 and 71
3. It disables RIP
4. It disables all routing protocols
What is data encryption standard (DES)?
What is route poisoning?
1. It sends back the protocol received from a router as a poison pill, which stops the regular updates. The use of variable length subnet masks is permitted
2.It is information received from a router that can’t be sent back to the originating router.RIPv2 supports classless routing
3. It prevents regular update messages from reinstating a route that has just come up
4. It describes when a router sets the metric for a downed link to infinity
What is the maximum number of IP addresses that can be assigned to hosts on a local subnet that uses the 255.255.255.224 subnet mask?
1. Show IP route
2.Debug IP rip
4.Debug IP route
Which is a reason for avoiding doing route redistribution on two routers between the same two routing domains?
1. Higher cost of two routers
3.Cisco IOS incompatibility
4. Not possible to use two routers
2. 1000 BASE-LX
3. 1000 BASE-CX
4.all of the mentioned
1. It has a lower administrative distance than RIPv1
2.It converges faster than RIPv1
3.It has the same timers as RIPv1
4.It is harder to configure than RIPv1
1.When a new Layer 2-only switch is added to the network
2.When you are migrating from one routing protocol to another
3.When you are using routers from multiple vendors
4.When there are host-based routers from multiple vendors
1.stream control transmission protocol (SCTP)
2. transport layer security (TLS)
3.explicit congestion notification (ECN)
4.resource reservation protocol
1.RIPv2 and EIGRP
2. IGRP and EIGRP
4. Both RIPv1 and RIPv2
1.The use of discontinuous networks is not allowed
2.Use of variable length subnet masks is permitted
3.RIPv1 is a classless routing protocol
4.IGRP supports classes routing within the same autonomous system
1. The use of discontinuous networks is not allowed
2.The use of variable length subnet masks is permitted
3.RIPv1 is a classless routing protocol
4.RIPv2 supports classless routing
1.IP EIGRP and AppleTalk EIGRP
2. AppleTalk EIGRP and RIPv2
3. RIPv2 and IP EIGRP
4. RIPv2 and IP EIGRP
You have a network that needs 29 subnets while maximizing the number of host addresses available on each subnet. How many bits must you borrow from the host field to provide the correct subnet mask?
You have an interface on a router with the IP address of 192.168.192.10/29. Including the router interface, how many hosts can have IP addresses on the LAN attached to the router interface?
You need to subnet a network into 5 subnets, each with at least 16 hosts. Which classful subnet mask would you use?
You type debug IP rip on your router console and see that 172.16.10.0 is being advertised to you with a metric of 16. What does this mean?
1.The route is 16 hops away Debug IP rip
2.The route has a delay of 16 microseconds Debug IP route
3.The route is inaccessible
4. The route is queued at 16 messages a second
You want to enable both arpa and snap encapsulation on one router interface. How do you do this?
1.The interface can handle multiple encapsulation types with no extra configuration
2. Assign two network numbers, one for each encapsulation type
3.Enable Novell-ether to run multiple encapsulation types
4.Both arpa and snap are enabled by default so you don’t have to configure anything
_____ is a collective term for a number of Ethernet Standards that carry traffic at the nominal rate of 1000 Mbit/s against the original Ethernet speed of 10 Mbit/s.