Features of WCF
- Workflow Services: It explains how to create and configure workflow services.
- Endpoints: Addresses, Bindings, and Contracts. It Explain how to control multiple aspects of your service.
- Data Transfer and Serialization: It explain how serialization of data can be tailored for interoperation or future compatibility.
- Sessions, Instancing, and Concurrency: It defines how to select the right mode for your application.
- Transports in Windows Communication Foundatio: Explain how to configure the transport layer, the lowest level of the channel stack.
- Queues and Reliable Sessions: It explain queues, which store messages from a sending application on behalf of a receiving application and later forward these messages to the receiving application.
- Transactions: It explains how to created transacted operations that can be rolled back if needed.
- Windows Communication Foundation Security: Explain how WCF security helps you to create applications that have confidentiality and integrity. Authentication and authorization are also available, as are auditing features.
- Peer-to-Peer Networking: Details how to create peer services and clients.
- Metadata: It explain the metadata architecture and formats.
- Clients: It explain how to create a variety of clients that access services.
- Hosting: It explain hosting A service can be hosted by another application, or it can be self-hosted.
- Interoperability and Integration: It explain how to use WCF to extend your existing logic rather than having to rewrite it if you have a substantial investment in component-based application logic hosted in COM+.
- WCF Web HTTP Programming Model: It explain the WCF Web Programming Model that allows developers to expose WCF service operations to non-SOAP endpoints.
- WCF Syndication: It explain support to easily expose syndication feeds from a WCF service.
- WCF Discovery: It explain support to enable services to be discoverable at runtime in an interoperable way using the WS-Discovery protocol.
- Routing: It explain the routing service.