R4R provide basic ASP Tutorials concept with
ASP Examples .
Through R4R you can develop ASP programming concept. R4R provide
ASP Interview Questions with answers.R4R provide ASP Languages study materials in easy way.
What is ASP ?
ASP (Active Server Pages) is a Microsoft Technology, and ASP is
a program that runs inside IIS. IIS stands for Internet Information Services it
comes as a free component with Windows 2000. The default scripting language used for writing ASP is VBScript although
will have the extension ".asp".
History of ASP -
ASP is the Microsoft's first server-side scripting
language used for generating dynamic and interactive pages. Initially, Microsoft
added it as an add-on to the IIS (Internet Information Services) for Windows NT
4.0 but after its success, Microsoft included it as a free component of Windows
Server after the release of Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.
Different versions of ASP-
||Microsoft IIS 3.0
||Microsoft IIS 4.0
||Microsoft IIS 5.0
The current version of ASP 3.0 is available in IIS 6.0 and also IIS 7.0 on
Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
Importance of ASP-
- Security - since ASP code cannot be viewed from the browser
- Customize a Web page to make it more useful for individual users
- Clever ASP programming can minimize the network traffic
- Access any data or databases and return the results to a browser.
- Dynamically edit, change, or add any content of a Web page.
- Respond to user queries or data submitted from HTML forms
- The advantages of using ASP instead of CGI and Perl, are those of
simplicity and speed
Lifecycle of ASP-
Server Object- Used to access various properties and
methods on the server.
Response Object- The server respond using the asp response object.
Request Object- Request object get all the information from the user
about the requested page.
Session Object- Considered to be one of the most important and useful
object of ASP.
Application Object- Various ASP files, when grouped together, may result
in a complete Application.
Error Object- To display error messages and detailed information about
any error that occurs while executing any script.
- Makes for quicker loading time since HTML pages are only downloaded.
- Minimizes network traffic by limiting the need for the browser and server
to talk to each other.
- Allows to run programs.
- No client side constraints
- ODBC links to any data source.
- Fast to run.
Show All Comments
- Pose problems in converting web hosting.
- A depreciated language.
- Runs only on windows server.