R4R provide basic ASP Tutorials concept with ASP Examples .Through R4R you can develop ASP programming concept. R4R provide ASP Interview Questions with answers.R4R provide ASP Languages study materials in easy way.
ASP (Active Server Pages) is a Microsoft Technology, and ASP is a program that runs inside IIS. IIS stands for Internet Information Services it comes as a free component with Windows 2000.
ASP is the Microsoft's first server-side scripting language used for generating dynamic and interactive pages. Initially, Microsoft added it as an add-on to the IIS (Internet Information Services) for Windows NT 4.0 but after its success, Microsoft included it as a free component of Windows Server after the release of Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.
|Version 1||Microsoft IIS 3.0||December 1996|
|Version 2||Microsoft IIS 4.0||September 1997|
|Version 3||Microsoft IIS 5.0 Client||November 2000|
- Security - since ASP code cannot be viewed from the browser.
- Customize a Web page to make it more useful for individual users.
- Clever ASP programming can minimize the network traffic
- Access any data or databases and return the results to a browser.
- Dynamically edit, change, or add any content of a Web page.
- Respond to user queries or data submitted from HTML forms.
- The advantages of using ASP instead of CGI and Perl, are those of simplicity and speed.
- Server Object- Used to access various properties and methods on the server.
- Response Object- The server respond using the asp response object.
- Request Object- Request object get all the information from the user about the requested page.
- Session Object- Considered to be one of the most important and useful object of ASP .
- Application Object- Various ASP files, when grouped together, may result in a complete Application.
- Error Object- To display error messages and detailed information about any error that occurs while executing any script.
- Makes for quicker loading time since HTML pages are only downloaded.
- Minimizes network traffic by limiting the need for the browser and server to talk to each other.
- Allows to run programs.
- No client side constraints
- ODBC links to any data source.
- Fast to run.
- Pose problems in converting web hosting.
- A depreciated language.
- Runs only on windows server.