You can put content on your website or blog useing RSS .which means you can put headlines or a short information on your website or blog with a link back to the original post or article.
The RSS information is placed into a single file on a website in a manner similar to normal web pages. However, the information is coded in the XML by a program .
- Notification of the arrival of new products in a store
- Listing and notifying you of newsletter issues, including email newsletters including copyright, SEO, and technical issues.
- Weather and other alerts of changing conditions
- Notification of additions of new items to a database, or new members to a group
- Generate a quick webpage
- Provide a sidebar of news.
- Automatically update RSS feed information
- Provide links to your blog posts from your website.
- Add value to your webpages using the the wealth of RSS feeds
Note: If you want to put content on your website or blog using RSS - than scripting is required .
There are various ways to get a script. These are
- Download a general purpose script, customize it, and install it.
- Use a service that creates customized scripts.
- Use a script for a Gadget or Widget .
- Get a script from a feed publisher who provides a script for their RSS feed
diagram to show- how the websites, the RSS feed XML files, and your personal computer are connected: