R4R provide basic VB Tutorials concept with VB Examples . Through R4R you can develop VB programming concept. R4R provide VB Interview Questions with answers.R4R provide VB Languages study materials in easy way.
VB( Visual Basic) is IDE of Microsoft of third generation event-driven programming language. Visual Basic is simple and easy to use. Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications. For accessing database we can use
VB 1.0 was introduced in 1991, developed by Alan Cooper and his company called Tripod. Microsoft contracted with Cooper and his associates to develop Tripod into a programmable form system for Windows 3.0. The final release was version 6 in 1998. Microsoft's extended support ended in March 2008 and the designated successor was Visual Basic .NET (now known simply as Visual Basic)
|Visual Basic 1.0||May 1991||Comdex/Windows|
|Visual Basic 1.0||September 1992||DOS|
|Visual Basic 2.0||November 1992|
|Visual Basic 3.0||May 1993||Microsoft Jet Database Engine|
|Visual Basic 4.0||August 1995||32-bit as well as 16-bit Windows programs|
|Visual Basic 5.0||February 1997|
|Visual Basic 6.0||June 1998||Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7|
- Lots of icons and pictures for your use.
- ActiveX support.
- Package & Deployment Wizard makes distributing your applications simple.
- Full set of objects - you 'draw' the application.
- Full array of mathematical, string handling, and graphics functions.
- Can handle fixed and dynamic variable and control arrays.
- Sequential and random access file support.
- Useful debugger and error-handling facilities.
- Powerful database access tools.
- VB is not only a language but primarily an integrated, interactive development environment.
- The structure of the Basic programming language is very simple, particularly as to the executable code.
- The VB-IDE has been highly optimized to support rapid application development ("RAD"). It is particularly easy to develop graphical user interfaces and to connect them to handler functions provided by the application.
- VB provides a comprehensive interactive and context-sensitive online help system.
- COM components can be written in different languages and then integrated using VB.
- Interfaces of COM components can be easily called remotely via Distributed COM ("DCOM"), which makes it easy to construct distributed applications.
- There is a wealth of readily available COM components for many different purposes.
- The Applications which are developed in VB are working only on Windows Operating systems only.
- More memory space is required to install and work in VB as VB is GUI based development tool it contains Graphical components that need more space.
- You have to install in everywhere . Support only up to a level, no low level functions and high level functions.
Show All Comments