What are the various operations that are performed on the data structures ?
The following the main operations that can be performed on the data structures :
- Traversing : It means reading and processing the each and every element of a data structure at least once.
- Inserting : It means inserting a value at a specified position in a data structure, this is also know as insertion.
- Deletion : It means deleting a particular value from a specified position in a data structure.
- Searching : It means searching a particular data in created data structure.
- Sorting : It means arranging the elements of a data structure in a sequential manner i.e. either in ascending order or in descending order.
What are the most popular know data structures used in developing a software system ?
The following are the most popularly know data structures that are used in developing software systems :