R4R provide basic VB.Net Tutorials concept with
VB.Net Examples .
Through R4R you can develop VB.Net programming concept. R4R provide
VB.Net Interview Questions with answers.R4R provide VB.Net Languages study materials in easy way.
Introduction of VB .Net
Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) is an object-oriented
programming language that can be considered as an evolution of the classic
Visual Basic (VB) which is implemented on the .NET Framework. Visual Basic .Net was developed to make Web services applications
easier to develop. According to Microsoft, VB .NET was reengineered, rather than
released as VB 6.0 with added features, to facilitate making fundamental changes
to the language. VB.NET is the first fully object-oriented programming (OOP)
version of Visual Basic, and as such, supports OOP concepts such as abstraction,
inheritance, polymorphism, and aggregation.
History of VB .Net
Visual Basic .NET was
released alongside Visual C# and ASP.NET in 2002.Visual Basic .NET should be
considered as just another version of Visual Basic 6.0.Microsoft supplies an
automated VB6-to-VB.NET converter with Visual Studio .NET, which has improved
over time, but it cannot convert all code, and almost all non-trivial programs
will need some manual effort to compile. Most will need a significant level of
code refectory to work optimally. Visual Basic programs that are mainly
algorithmic in nature can be migrated with few difficulties.
Versions of VB .Net
|Visual Basic .NET (VB 7)
|Visual Basic .NET 2003 (VB 7.1)
|Visual Basic 2005 (VB 8.0)
|Visual Basic 2008 (VB 9.0)
||19 November 2007
|Visual Basic 2010 (VB 10.0)
Important features of VB .Net -
- Fully object oriented programming.
- Designed to .NET Framework.
- Structured error handling capabilities.
- Inherent support for XML & Web Services.
- Better windows applications with Windows Forms.
- Console capabilities of VB.NET.
- Web capabilities with Web Forms.
- Better database programming approach with ADO. NET.
- Interpretability with other .NET complied languages.
- Immense power of tools & controls (including Server Controls).
Architecture of VB.NET
Advantage of VB .Net -
- VB.NET provides managed code execution that runs under the Common Language
Runtime (CLR), resulting in robust, stable and secure applications. All
features of the .NET framework are readily available in VB.NET.
- VB.NET uses XML to transfer data between the various layers in the DNA
Architecture i.e. data are passed as simple text strings.
- Powerful Windows-based Applications.
- Building Web-based Applications.
- Simplified Deployment.
- Powerful, Flexible, Simplified Data Access.
- Improved Coding.
- Direct Access to the Platform.
- Full Object-Oriented Constructs.
- XML Web Services.
- Mobile Applications.
- COM Interoperability.
- Reuse Existing Investments.
- Upgrade Wizard
Disadvantage of VB .Net -
Show All Comments
- Cannot handle pointers directly
- Large Talent Pool
- Intermediate Language (IL) compilation
- Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler
- Large Libraries