Relation between HTML and DHTML
Differences between HTML and DHTML:
- HTML is a mark-up language, while DHTML is a collection of technology.
- DHTML creates dynamic web pages, whereas HTML creates static web pages.
- DHTML uses events, methods, properties to insulate dynamism in HTML Pages.
- HTML sites will be slow upon client-side technologies, while DHTML sites will be fast enough upon client-side technologies.
- HTML creates a plain page without any styles and Scripts called as HTML. Whereas, DHTML creates a page with HTML, CSS, DOM and Scripts called as DHTML.
- HTML cannot have any server side code but DHTML may contain server side code.
- In HTML, there is no need for database connectivity, but DHTML may require connecting to a database as it interacts with user.
- HTML files are stored with .htm or .html extension, while DHTML files are stored with .dhtm extension.
- HTML does not require any processing from browser, while DHTML requires processing from browser which changes its look and feel.