In this section we are learn how java is installed and set path. To make and run on java program we need write a program on notepad then run a program through compiler java comipler JDK (java development kit). you have to following steps:
- Download jdk latest version from sun website (e.g Download jdk 1.7 for win 7 32 bit or 64 bit).
- Then installed JDK.
- Then check which version is installed in my system.
- First go to Command Prompt.
- Start -> Run -> Type cmd and then click ok.
- Then command Prompt write javac -version for check version of java is installed on pc(System).
- Write a java program to used following editor.
- To set path.If we set the path of java folder then we can run java program anywhere otherwise we have run our java programs from the bin folder of java.
- Right click on my computer -> then C drive open->then program files folder open->then java folder open->then jdk folder open->then bin folder open->click on address bar right click on the block and select copy then close my computer.
- Then right click on my computer and select properties.
- Then click on Advanced System Settings.
- Then click on Environment variables.
- Go to System Variables->and find path variables and then click on edit button and remove the block type semicolon and past then paste the path of bin folder.
- Then create a folder of any drive to save all java program in this folder (e.g click on my computer ->then click on c drive ->then right click - > crate folder and then clic ok to save all programs in this folder).
- Now you can save and run on your program any where in your system.
- Write the code on notepad and save it class name with .java extension ( Hello.java) default save as type (.txt) and then change save as type all files.
- Write the code on notepad and save it class name with .java extension ,the default save as type (.txt) then save our program class-name.java save.with string(e.g "Hello.Java").
- Compile and run the program following steps
- My java program is save c drive new folder then compile and run the program process first open Command Prompt and then compile on program through comand prompt c:\Newfolder >javac Hello.java
- To run c:\Newfolder >java Hello