In the late 1980's , A physicist, Tim Berners-Lee who was a contractor at CERN, proposed a system for CERN researchers. In 1989, he wrote a memo proposing an internet based hypertext system.
Tim Berners-Lee is known as father of HTML. The first available description of HTML was a document called "HTML Tags" proposed by Tim in late 1991.
Features of HTML
- It is a very easy and simple language. It can be easily understood and modified.
- It is very easy to make effective presentation with HTML because it has a lot of formatting tags.
- It is a markup language so it provides a flexible way to design web pages along with the text.
- It facilitates programmers to add link on the web pages (by html anchor tag) , so it enhances the interest of browsing of the user.
- It is platform-independent because it can be displayed on any platform like Windows, Linux and Macintosh etc.
- It facilitates the programmer to add Graphics, Videos, and Sound to the web pages which makes it more attractive and interactive.