HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is developed by scientist Tim Berners-Lee in 1990. HTML is used a "hidden" code which helps us to communicate with others documents on the World Wide Web (WWW).
HTML is a computer language and it is allow website creation.Any client to be used any operating system and any browser by user can view that.
- HT – Hyper text – Text with Linked to another document
- ML – Markup Language – written b/w tags (<>).
Some important points of HTML
- It is stands for Hyper Text Markup Language and describing web documents (web pages).
- In HTML all tags are pre define and use for creating static web pages.
- It is part of Markup Language – HTML + DHTML + XML + XHTML.
Markup Language which language written between < > (tags) that is called a Markup Language – mark within tags (< >). All Markup Languages product of W3C(world wide Web Consortium – Group) & all are non programming + interpreted Languages, Use for web development.
Markup languages are used in four part likes as
Some important points Of Markup languages
- All markup language product of W3C (world wide web consortium-group).
- In the market Ist presented markup language by GML(Generalized Markup Language) but this markup language not successful in development because it is more complex.Then after a new markup language introduced SGML(Standard version of GML) but it is also complex to operate.After that W3C break into two HTML and DHTML.
- In DHTML all Pre define and Dynamic web pages and using dynamic web pages
- It means dynamic web pages concept of css(cascading style sheets) & scripting language.
XML (extensible markup language)
- All tags are pre define , XML is not presentation purpose and not a web page designing.
- It is used for data interchange on net.
- It is also needed XML - Data interchange + config purpose - Serlets-config file-web.
Simple example of HTML
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <p>Hello user's</p> </body> </html>
DOCTYPE : It defines the document type.
html : Text between html tag describes the web document.
body : Text between body tag describes the body content of the page that is visible to the end user.
h1: Text between h1 tag describes the heading of the webpage.
p : Text between p tag describes the paragraph of the webpage.